Worry versus Manifesting
Providing readings and NLP therapy for clients, I start to see patterns emerge. Common themes coming through for people. This can be based on multiple external influences such as moon and planet positions, school holidays, the time of the year, lockdowns - no lockdowns, even based on the weather!
One of the common themes that comes up several times in any given week is WORRY. The number of clients that I connect with that are just in a constant state of worry.
Worry is one of multiple emotions that we experience as humans and it can be quite debilitating. Worries about children, money, work, paying bills, moving house, relationships, health, the community, other people, the world at large...the list is endless. And it is real for people and a valid emotion to experience. However, we are not meant to stay in this emotion. We are meant to acknowledge it and then picot our thinking into a better feeling emotion such as doubt, frustrations - even contentment. these latter emotions are all higher vibrational feelings than worry.
But still, people choose to stay in worry.
Often when I am with a client I we are addressing worry, I will say to them, "I am so happy to see that you have the skills to worry."
They will respond with, "What? Why?"
Me: "Because if you know how to worry, you know how to manifest! You are just manifesting what you do not want!"
The past few weeks I have been breaking down the following strategies that really help people to see this and I would like to share it with you here today.
Let me break this down for you.
First of all we need to define a couple of key words that I will be referring to
Worry: “feel or cause to feel anxious or troubled about actual or potential problems”
Manifesting: “To manifest something means to visualize your desire and harness the power of your imagination to make it a reality. In short, manifesting means to make dreams come true.”
Strategy: “a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim.
Strategy according to NLP: “In NLP a strategy is a series and sequence of internal and external representations which consistently produces the same specific result. In simple terms a strategy is a sequence of steps, much like a recipe, that we run through automatically in order to achieve a specific outcome.”
So now that we have definitions in place, I will start with strategies.
Everything we do in life day to day is a strategy. NLP often focuses on detailing these strategies and helping you to change them or using good strategies you already have and embedding them in other areas of your life. So, strategies are steps that we automatically go through that give us a specific outcome.
Have you ever experienced being worried about something and when it actually does happen hearing yourself say, “See! I told you that would happen!”
Let’s take a look at the strategies “steps” that we use when we worry.
- Think of a situation
- Eg: “We are going to be late and will miss the flight.”
- Picture the situation (Creative Visualisation)
- Eg: You picture the being late, you picture the boarding gate closing and you are not on the plane.
- Talk about the situation (speaking into existence)
- Eg: You talke with other people about your concerns of missing the flight
- Feel the emotions of the situation (Emotional Attachment)
- Eg: You start to feel the panic and fear rising up inside you and the desperation or wanting to make the flight and the despair of missing the flight.
- You now have a knowingness now that you will miss the flight.
- There is now a very good chance of you missing the flight. You could put in some extra strategies to abate this such as leaving home much earlier than planned.
Now let’s take a look at strategies that we use to for Manifesting. When we really want to bring something into our life.
- Think of a situation or goal
- Eg: “I want a new car”
- Picture the situation or goal (Creative Visualisation)
- Eg: You picture having a new car, might do some research online around cars or even test drive cars.
- Talk about the situation (speak it into existence)
- You start talking with people about the car that you are getting.
- Feel the emotions of the situation or goal (Emotional Attachment)
- Eg: You start to feel what it would be like to drive a new car, how clean it is, how it smells, and the prestige of owning a new car.
- You now have a knowingness now that you will get a new car.
- There is now a very good chance of you getting a new car.
So what is the difference between worrying and manifesting?
Let’s take a look at these side by side.
Worrying and Manifesting have IDENTICAL steps
Worrying is Manifesting what you DO NOT WANT.
Actions you can take
So STOP worrying! Focus only on what you Do want!
When you find yourself starting to enter phase 2 – picturing what you do not want. Stop yourself at this point and ask yourself but what DO I want to happen.
Then picture what you do want, picture what you do want, picture what you do want, talk about what you do want, talk about what you do want talk about what you do want, feel what you do want, feel what you do want, feel what you do want and then have the absolute knowingness that this will be the outcome.
SASY – Source already said yes to everything you are thinking and feeling, so if this is true, focus only on what outcome you DO want.